NZPF Central Region established
Aims of the Trust
The aims of the Central Districts Philatelic Trust as stated in the Trust Deed are:
- To assist, by provision of funds, any local or national philatelic exhibition, convention or meeting designed for the furtherance or the study of philately and postal history in New Zealand.
- To assist with the provision of funds to meet in whole or in part the expenses of any delegate or delegates or other suitable persons to attend any convention or seminar or for the administration of organisations designed to increase the knowledge or history or collection or exhibition of philatelic material for the use of any persons so interested.
- To assist in the provision of any philatelic resource centre or reference centre whether associated with any public library or otherwise and for the purpose to pay any rent or assist in the payment of rent.
- To provide any philatelic equipment, literature, books, pamphlets, works of reference and items which would be of assistance tp persons interested in or studying or furthering their knowledge of philately and its history.
- To contibute towards any philatelic research fund or to the education of any person or persons in philately.
- To assist in any public charity or for any other charitable purpose as defined in Part IV of the Charitable Trusts Act 1957 and section 61A thereof or in any act passed in substitution of said act.
- To assist in the publication of any work, paper, treatise or periodical relating to philately or postal history.
In practice projects supported have been mainly centred around the Central Districts Region. Library books purchases and rental support have been the major continuing items.
Currently the Trust underwrites the expenses of the NZ Philatelic Federation Central Region delegates.
The Trust has helped finance Literature exhibitions.