The PYC holds an annual Inter-Club and Individual competition on the first Saturday in November each year in Hamilton. It is held in conjunction with the Waikato Philatelic Society’s Ambury Shield Competition.
Entries must be of four or eight pages and be submitted through a Stamp Club. Both Community and School Stamp Clubs are eligible to enter. For further details on how to prepare a competition entry go to Completing a Stamp Exhibition Entry.
There are prizes for the best individual entries in each class and a trophy will be awarded to the club which has the best four entries. Other special prizes may be awarded at the judges’ discretion.
Entries can be traditional, thematic or postal history.
- Entries must be either 4 or 8 pages.
- Entrants are to be aged 18 years or younger on 1 January of the year of the competition. An entrant may submit more than one entry, but only the entry with the highest mark will count toward the Interclub Competition.
- Youth stamp clubs as having 4 or more members meeting at least monthly and supervised by an adult.
- All entries must be owned, annotated, and mounted by the entrant.
- All entrants shall write their name, page number, age and the name of their Club on the back of each page.
- Pages shall not exceed 300mm in height or width including exhibition protectors (these are essential).
- All entries will be judged for the Individual Competition.
- The best four entries from each club will be the club’s entry in the Inter-Club Competition.
- The winning club shall be that which has the highest total mark for their four entries.
- Judging will be carried out using the judging sheets approved by the PYC by at least two judges appointed by the PYC. Judges’ critiques will be returned to each entrant with their exhibits.
- There is no entry fee, but return postage must be paid by the club or individual. It is strongly recommended that a secure method of delivery and return is used even though these are more expensive. Entries will be returned by the method requested and paid for.
- Entries will be returned soon after they are exhibited at the Ambury Shield Exhibition in Hamilton.
- Entries should be sent to: PYC Interclub Competition, PO Box 2979, Shortland Street, Auckland 1140 by Saturday two weeks before the exhibition.